Our expert maintenance services can help you keep your heat pump in top shape.
The Importance of Regular Heat Pump Maintenance
Energy costs can experience a dramatic decrease with the conscientious use of your heat pump. If turning down the heat pump’s thermostat triggers the secondary heating system to kick in, don’t do it; backup heating systems are more expensive to run. However, running the interior fan continuously can reduce its efficiency if your heat pump does not have a high-efficiency, variable-speed fan motor. To run the system, set the thermostat and the fan to “auto.” Put in a programmable thermostat with heat pump-specific multistage settings.
Maintenance is essential for the successful operation of any heating and cooling system. There is a range of 10% to 25% in energy consumption between a well-maintained heat pump and a highly neglected one.
Clean or replace filters once a month or as needed, and maintain the system in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Filters, coils, and fans that are dirty restrict airflow across the system. Reduced airflow reduces system performance and can cause compressor damage. Clean the outdoor coils when dirty; switch off the fan and clean it on a regular basis, and remove vegetation and clutter from around the outdoor unit. Clean your home’s supply and return registers, and straighten any bent fins.
In addition, you should have a professional service for your heat pump annually. The technician’s skills include:
- ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil inspection for dirt and other obstructions;
- duct diagnosis for leakage and sealing it;
- adequate airflow verifying by measurement.
- correct refrigerant charge verifying by measurement
- refrigerant leaks diagnosis
- electric terminals inspection and, if necessary, cleaning, tightening connections, and applying nonconductive coating
- motors lubricating and belts inspection for tightness and wear;
- checking for proper electric control, ensuring that heating is turned off when the thermostat requires cooling, and vice versa.
- Checking the thermostat’s functionality.
Heat pump service frequency
Commercial heat pumps should be serviced every six months or three months – depending on use – while residential heat pumps should be serviced annually, preferably before winter comes.
Regular heat pump maintenance is critical, as it will:
- Prolong your heat pump lifespan: Any appliance that uses a motor needs regular maintenance to ensure it lasts as long as possible and continues functioning properly – your heat pump is no exception.
- Boost effectiveness: if your heat pump isn’t operating efficiently, it will use more energy, which will drive up your heating and cooling costs.
- Protect your health: If you want a healthier home with fewer allergens and odors, scheduling annual maintenance on your air conditioning system is of great significance.
- Improve your comfort: If your heat pump isn’t operating at peak efficiency, it could negatively impact your home’s comfort.
Heat Pump Maintenance Checklist
Look for a competent HVAC expert to carry out the following preventative heat pump maintenance tasks on a regular basis:
- Check for dirt, obstructions, or damage in the ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil.
- Disinfect the indoor coil and drain pan
- Clean and flush the drain line
- Find and seal any duct leaks
- Examine the line and system discharge pressures
- Determine and confirm the refrigerant charge
- Check for and repair any refrigerant leaks
- Start a defrost cycle and double-check the sequence
- Inspect electrical wiring for damage, replace it, and clean as well as tighten connections as needed
- Check the balance and cleanliness of the blower wheel
- Inspect and lubricate motors and bearings as needed
- Examine belts for tightness and wear.
- Check for proper electric controls, e.g., whether the heating is turned off when the thermostat calls for cooling and vice versa.
- Check the thermostat’s operation
- Check for balance and cleanliness of the outdoor condensing unit and base pan.
- Check whether or not the outdoor temperature sensors are properly positioned.
Nothing beats a well-maintained heating and cooling system when it comes to comfort, energy efficiency, and bottom-line savings. Professional heat pump maintenance should be scheduled at least once a year to ensure peak performance throughout the heating and cooling seasons.
Heat pump maintenance
Heat pumps are widely used in Chicagoland and beyond because of their revolutionary status as both a heating and cooling system. Despite their low energy consumption and user-friendliness, these systems, however, need regular upkeep to function properly. When that happens, call the experts at Eco Temp HVAC! To avoid unanticipated problems and guarantee the smooth running of your home’s HVAC system, we provide comprehensive heat pump maintenance service.
Reliable performance with expert heat pump maintenance
Our heat pump maintenance business has been serving the area for nearly a decade, giving us the time, resources, and expertise to meet all of your HVAC needs. All of our heat pump maintenance services, from regularly planned checkups to emergency same-day service if you suspect a problem, are customized to fit the specific HVAC setups of each of our client’s homes.
When you hire Eco Temp HVAC for your heat pump maintenance, you can expect us to provide the following:
- Affordable plans: Maintaining your heat pump is an important aspect of being a homeowner, and we have maintenance plans available at prices that won’t break the bank.
- Emergency repairs: If your heat pump ever breaks down, have no fear—we offer emergency repairs around the clock, seven days a week, at no extra cost on the weekends or holidays.
- High-quality products: We carry and install high-quality units from the industry’s leading manufacturers, so whether you need replacement components for an old HVAC system or a completely new one, you can be assured that a solid warranty will safeguard your investment.
- Professional service: To make sure that every one of our customers is completely satisfied with the work we do, our heat pump maintenance company only employs specialists who have been through extensive training, are NATE-certified, and are dedicated to providing excellent service.
Find out more information about Chicagoland Heat Pump Services!
If you need a heat pump maintenance service in Chicagoland, there’s only one company to call: Eco Temp HVAC! Give us a call or fill out our simple online form to find out more about our services.