Mini Split specialists, you can trust.
Unlike traditional HVAC systems, a ductless mini-split system does not need ductwork to do its job. A traditional AC will cool the entire house using air from only one location. Each mini-split indoor unit has its own fan and evaporator coil, making it ideal for heating and cooling a single room or space.
In a broader sense, ductless mini-splits are a versatile option for many homes. They are extremely effective heating and cooling devices that can regulate temperatures in inaccessible spaces.
Split implies that the system still consists of an outdoor and an inside unit – as opposed to a “packaged” system which incorporates both the heating and cooling components into a single outdoor unit. The “mini” in “mini-split” refers to the fact that each unit (or “head”) is considerably smaller than standard heating and cooling units.
Call (224) 253-8131 for an easy, breezy installation today!
What is a ductless mini-split?
Heat pumps and air conditioners that don’t require ductwork are both examples of ductless mini-split systems. Heat pumps may do both because of how they produce cool air. This system essentially performs the same task as a conventional central AC.
There are two primary components of a ductless mini-split system: an inside handling unit and an outside condenser. The two systems work together to keep the air in your home fresh and comfortable; and since they are wall-mounted, ducts are unnecessary for these systems to function. However, each unit can only heat or cool one single space.
The benefits of ductless mini-splits
Ductless mini-split systems are known for their outstanding energy efficiency. The effectiveness of these systems initially raised eyebrows, but modern units are small, energy-efficient, cheap, and highly effective. Compared to other systems, like your central AC, they save you money on both upfront and ongoing costs.
A ductless mini-split system is more practical than a central AC. With proper zoning, it can be easily expanded to meet the needs of a larger home without needing additional units.
The adaptability of ductless mini-split systems is remarkable since several indoor units can be linked to a single outdoor condenser. In order to fulfill varying demands for heating and cooling, these units can be set up in several different rooms and managed separately.
The concept behind ductless systems
Ductless heating and cooling systems continue to rise in popularity due to their many benefits over traditional forced air systems, which are installed in most American homes. Our ductless mini-split services will make sure you get the most out of your ductless heating and cooling systems, allowing you to make the most of your indoor spaces without breaking the bank. With Eco Temp HVAC, expect:
- Versatile control: Ductless mini-split systems allow for customizable temperature control in your house by providing zoned spaces that can be custom-programmed based on your preferences for each location.
- Energy Savings: As one of the most cost-effective HVAC systems, ductless systems improve home efficiency and lower energy bills by allowing you to decide which house parts should be heated or cooled.
- Air quality improvement: Air ducts can be a breeding ground for germs, allergies, and toxins that degrade indoor air quality, but a ductless system avoids this problem with its creative design.
When should you go ductless?
Here are a few scenarios in which a ductless mini-split cooling and heating system might be ideal:
- Any space where there is no existing ductwork
- Rooms that are difficult to cool/heat
- Enclosed sunroom
- New construction
- Converted garage or attic
Simple and reliable ductless mini-split installation
Eco Temp HVAC will install your brand-new ductless mini-split cooling and heating system quickly and affordably. Without the need for subcontractors, our skilled experts will handle every part of the installation process. From start to finish, the ductless mini-split installation will take one day. We will leave your home in the same condition it was found in. The only difference is better comfort!
Signs you need ductless mini-split repair
It is always wise to consult with specialists before what was once a small problem becomes an expensive nightmare. Knowing what to look for is the best way to avoid being left out in the suffocating summer heat of Chicago, Il. Here are several warning signs that your ductless system is not working properly:
- When the inside unit is releasing warm air, it may be due to a refrigerant issue or an obstruction in the air ducts.
- Unwanted leakage and water pooling could be a sign of broken drain lines or poor ventilation.
- Odd noises or clanking are typically the result of a broken or loose part.
- The accumulation of dust and debris from a lack of cleaning might cause the indoor unit to emit a musty or dusty odor.
Note: If you detect a burning or melting odor coming from your electrical components, please turn off your system and call us immediately at (224) 253-8131.
When it comes to getting the most out of your HVAC system, regular maintenance is critical, and our trained and certified team of specialists delivers the comprehensive support you need. We offer full-service solutions that meet your schedule and budget, whether you need more ductless mini-split maintenance before the hot weather arrives or you want routine annual maintenance pre-scheduled with Eco Temp HVAC.
As a reputable and trusted HVAC maintenance business, we never cut corners during the maintenance process. Our skilled crews will:
- Examine all system components.
- Remove any debris from the unit to lessen system stress and cooling time for your home.
- Clean the cooling system inside and out to keep it in good operating condition and to increase its lifespan.
- Conduct a final operation test to ensure your satisfaction and to reduce the need for future repairs.
- Provide regular planned service so you know your ductless heating and cooling system is always ready—when you need it.
Why should you choose us?
Eco Temp HVAC is a high-end provider that offers superior heating and cooling services to homes and businesses around the Chicagoland area. We are a family-owned company that combines experience and technology to provide the service you need.
Our professional experts are qualified to install and repair your ductless mini-split system with the highest quality and at the most affordable price. We take pleasure in delivering services on time and on budget, with complete customer satisfaction.
Get a ductless cooling system service estimate from Eco Temp HVAC today!
An Essential Annual Maintenance Service Goes a Long Way!
Any HVAC equipment requires proper annual maintenance to keep operating at its best condition. You can extend the life of your ductless mini-split system by investing in its maintenance. This way, you can help your system in giving an optimal performance with a visible cut-down in the bills. That’s a win-win situation!
Timely maintenance also assists in avoiding the unexpected collapse of the pieces of equipment. Thus, you will not sweat in the heat and be prepared for any mishaps throughout the summer.
Schedule your maintenance today at (224) 253-8131.
Why Choose Us?
Ecotemp HVAC is a premium contractor that provides top-quality heating and cooling services to homes and businesses in the Chicagoland area. We are a family-owned business, and we combine experience and technology to deliver your desired service.
Our teams of skilled technicians are trained to install and repair ductless mini-split systems for their customers with the best quality and reasonable prices. We take pride in providing on-time and on-budget services with 100% customer satisfaction.
Contact Ecotemp and get your ductless cooling system service estimate today!